- McConnell Campaign Manager Quits Amid Scandal
- Obama Weighs Delay in Action on Immigration
- Judge Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law
- Neck-and-Neck in Arkansas
- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
Accepting Gifts Leads to Indictment of Former Governor
Posted at 6:22 p.m. on Jan. 21
A Governor and his wife, who accepted gifts, loans and vacations from a businessman who sought access to state officials, were charged today with felony counts in a federal corruption investigation.
Former Virginia Governor Robert F. McDonnell and his wife, were indicted on 14 counts, including wire fraud, conspiracy to commit wire fraud, obtaining property through his public office, and making false statements. The gifts were from Jonnie R. Williams Sr., CEO of Star Scientific.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.