- Lawmaker Changes His Mind on Abortion
- Walker Not Worried About Being Bland
- Red States Hurt Most By Federal Budget Cuts
- Republicans Will Vote to Repeal Obamacare Again
- Obama Pulls Proposal on College Savings Plans
Chamber of Commerce Still Keeping Lobbyists Busy
Posted at 12:51 p.m. on April 22, 2013
The Chamber of Commerce of the U.S.A. reported spending $10,140,000 on lobbying during the first quarter of 2013. This is down from the $29,510,000 they spent in the last quarter of 2012, which included October pre-election issue advertising. At the end of 2012 the Chamber of Commerce was ranked as the top organization spending the most on federal lobbying. The Chamber, with over forty in-house lobbyists, lobbied on a wide variety of pro-business issues. Lists of issue areas and specific bills appear in the report. The Chamber also hired fourteen lobbying firms to assist in lobbying their issues. See Political MoneyLine’s multi-year lobbying profile of the Chamber.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.