- 'Mistake' to Oust Hussein, Paul Says in Brooklyn
- Laura Capps Won't Seek Mother's Seat in California
- Hillary Rodham Romney? Keep an Eye on O'Malley (Video)
- Tester's DSCC Pursues Same Strategy That Nearly Nixed Him in 2006
- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
Congress Is Hurting Its Best Friends
Posted at 4:58 p.m. on Oct. 8, 2013
Stocks are continuing to drop while Congress struggles with the government shutdown and action on the debt limit. The Dow Industrial Average closed today, October 8th, at 14,777 down 551 (-3.6 %) from its close on Thursday 9/26 at 15,328.
In looking at specific companies we selected ten that are very active politically and whose PACs have given the most to federal candidates and committees so far in 2013. A review of these ten companies shows that all ten have lost share value.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.