- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Congress Is Hurting Its Best Friends
Posted at 4:58 p.m. on Oct. 8, 2013
Stocks are continuing to drop while Congress struggles with the government shutdown and action on the debt limit. The Dow Industrial Average closed today, October 8th, at 14,777 down 551 (-3.6 %) from its close on Thursday 9/26 at 15,328.
In looking at specific companies we selected ten that are very active politically and whose PACs have given the most to federal candidates and committees so far in 2013. A review of these ten companies shows that all ten have lost share value.