- Freshman Class Filled With Losers
- Democrats Look for Comebacks From Members Ousted in 2010
- Kelly Ward Will Stay on as DCCC Executive Director
- Congressman to Consider John McCain Primary Challenge
- Josh Holmes, the Mastermind of Team Mitch
Congressional Republicans Spend Against Alex Sink In Florida Special Election
Posted at 3:50 p.m. on Dec. 30, 2013
Even before their candidate is selected for a special election, Congressional Republicans are making independent expenditures against the known Democrat.
The National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) reported it has paid $39,825 for independent expenditures against Alex Sink, D-Fla., in the March special election in 13th Congressional District of Florida. The seat was held by the late Rep. C.W. Bill Young, R-Fla.
The NRCC paid GS Strategy Group $22,825 on 12/27 for survey research, and $17,000 to Targeted Victory on 12/27 for media against Alex Sink.
Republicans will select their candidate in a special primary on January 14th. Republican candidates include David Jolly and Kathleen Peters.