- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Congressman Accepts Bitcoins While FEC Doesn’t
Posted at 4:11 p.m. on Jan. 2
A Congressman has stated he will accept Bitcoins as contributions, after the Federal Election Commission could not agree on whether to permit their use as contributions.
Business Insider reported that Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, is now accepting Bitcoins for campaign contributions to his 2014 campaign against Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas. It is not clear if his campaign committee had actually received any Bitcoins.
In November, the Federal Election Commission failed to agree on Bitcoin use as a contribution. See earlier posting for details.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.