- McConnell Loans $1.8 Million to His Campaign
- What Happened to the GOP Lawsuit Against Obama?
- Begich Holds Double-Digit Lead in Alaska
- Gohmert Says Gays Getting Massages Make U.S. Vulnerable
- Perdue Signs a Woman's Body
Congressman Invests Campaign Funds From Contributors
Posted at 6:06 p.m. on April 10, 2013
Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas), former chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, reported his campaign fund earned $75,637 from interest and investments during the first quarter of 2013. The committee has $946,793 in cash on hand. The first-quarter value of investments/sales included Prosperity Bank (+ $51,000); Home Depot (+$14,464); General Electric (+ $11,212); Fidelity Select Energy Services (+ $9,197); Lennar Corp. (+ $6,039); Fidelity Dividend Growth (- $4,946); and Fidelity Balanced (- $15,587).