House Committee Chairmen Raise $8.6 Million — Half From PACs
Posted at 9:40 a.m. on July 16, 2013
The campaign committees of the 21 chairmen of House committees reported raising $8.6 million* during the second quarter of 2013. Half of their contributions, $4.4 million, came from political action committees of interest groups or other committees.
Former vice presidential candidate and Budget Chairman Paul D. Ryan, R-Wis., led committee chairmen after raising more than $1 million. Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp, R-Mich., was second, having raised more than three-quarters of a million dollars. The 21 chairman raised $8,605,376.*
Of the $9 million, the House chairmen raised $4,447,491* from political action committees of various interest groups and other committees. Camp led committee chairmen after having raised $554,261 from PACs and other committees. Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman Bill Shuster, R-Pa., was second with $400,750 from PACs and other committees.
Ranking by second-quarter receipts:
- Budget Chairman Paul D. Ryan, R-Wis., raised $1,106,812 including $332,369 from PACs.
- Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp, R-Mich., raised $788,759 including $554,261 from PACs and other committees.
- Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., raised $737,109 including $164,411 from PACs.
- Financial Services Chairman Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas, raised $720,884, including $295,500 from PACs.
- Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman Bill Shuster, R-Pa., raised $651,974 including $400,700 from PACs.
- Foreign Affairs Chairman Ed Royce raised $507,973 including $180,000 from PACs.
- Education and Workforce Chairman John Kline, R-Minn., raised $482,708 including $168,365 from PACs.
- Energy and Commerce Chairman Fred Upton, R-Mich.., raised $464,717 including $295,500 from PACs.
- Intelligence Chairman Mike Rogers, R-Mich., raised $421,604 including $366,250 from PACs.
- House Administration Chairwoman Candice S. Miller raised $268,025 including $139,747 from PACs.
- Rules Chairman Pete Sessions, R-Texas, raised $334,196 including $220,748 from PACs.
- Ethics Chairman K. Michael Conaway, R-Texas, raised $317,673 including $162,000 from PACs.
- Judiciary Chairman Robert W. Goodlatte, R-Va., raised $316,386 including $214,481 from PACs.
- Homeland Security Chairman Michael McCaul*, R-Texas, R-N.Y., raised $303,439 including $134,000 from PACs.
- Agriculture Chairman Frank D. Lucas, R-Okla., raised $233,577 including $170,100 from PACs.
- Science, Space, and Technology Chairman Lamar Smith, R-Texas, raised $193,897 including $124,710 from PACs.
- Natural Resources Chairman Doc Hastings, R-Wash., raised $183,938 including $90,850 from PACs.
- Small Business Chairman Sam Graves, R-Mo., raised $180,884 including $168,754 from PACs.
- Appropriations Chairman Harold Rogers, R-Ky., raised $150,988* including $117,890 from PACs.
- Armed Services Chairman Howard “Buck” McKeon, R-Calif., raised $139,660 including $86,555 from PACs.
- Veterans’ Affairs Chairman Jeff Miller, R-Fla., raised $100,173 including $75,600 from PACs.
These figures do not include funds raised by the leadership PACs of these members.
*7/17 updated figures for Michael McCaul and Hal Rogers.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.