- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
It’s Hard to Get Away — From Lobbyists & Their Clients
Posted at 4:58 p.m. on July 10, 2013
Even on vacation it’s hard to get away from lobbyists and their clients, especially if you are taking the ferry from Woods Hole, Mass., to Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket Island.
Jeffrey Pike, founder of Pike Associates, lobbies for the Woods Hole Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket Steamship Authority. Before coming to Washington, D.C., Pike was an owner and operator of his own commercial fishing vessel out of Chatham, Mass. From 1979 to 1995, he worked for the House of Representatives, and he left as chief of staff for the House Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries.
Pike Associates reported today it was paid $20,000 in the second quarter to lobby for the Woods Hole, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket Steamship Authority. Pike and Jennifer Place lobby on the federal highway bill, ferry boat and terminal funding. Pike Associates has been paid $80,000 in the last year.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.