- Donna Edwards, Others Consider Senate Bid as Van Hollen Jumps In (Updated)
- For Hoyer and McCarthy, the Floor Dance is Getting Tense
- Joe Sestak Kicks Off Rematch With Pat Toomey
- Democrats Have Early Favorite House Pickup Opportunity
- Top Democratic Campaign Staffers Chart 2016 Paths
Kohl Reports $108 Million in Gross Receipts for His Milwaukee Bucks
Posted at 4:23 p.m. on May 1, 2013
The owner of the Milwaukee Bucks basketball franchise, former Sen. Herbert Kohl, D-Wis., reported the Milwaukee Bucks Inc. had $108,001,607 in gross receipts during 2012. Kohl reported the receipts on his personal financial disclosure statement/termination report filed today. The report indicated that the Milwaukee Bucks Inc.”also incurred significant expenditures in generating the reported income.”
The actual value of Kohl’s assets has always been hard to calculate since one of his listed trusts is reported to have “over $50 million,” and another asset, the Milwaukee Bucks Inc., is reported at a value “over $50 million.” This is the largest category on the disclosure form. A 2013 Forbes analysis of NBA team worth states the Bucks are worth $312 million. Forbes listed Kohl as buying the team in 1985 for $18 million.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.