- Why Republicans Are Losing the Immigration Fight
- Kirk Warns Duckworth Not to Challenge Him
- Shortlist to Replace Chuck Hagel
- Hagel Stepping Down as Defense Secretary
- The Most Powerful Woman in the World
Lobbying: Bloomberg, NRA Prepare for Senate Showdown
Posted at 4:19 p.m. on March 24, 2013
A gun control group backed by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg plans a new television advertising campaign this week in a $12 million effort to sway senators’ votes on legislation headed to the floor next month.See Roll Call article. In 2013 the Mayors Against Illegal Guns Action Fund has hired JBH Group LLC, Thorsen French Advocacy LLC, and OB-C Group LLC to lobby. The group has been paying the Raben Group $50,000 per quarter to lobby.