- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Michael Grimm’s Close Friend Indicted
Posted at 10:50 a.m. on April 28
A close friend of Rep. Michael Grimm, R-N.Y,. was indicted on Friday for federal campaign finance violations.
Diana Durand, a Houston, Texas, executive at RelaDyne, was indicted in New York for causing more than $10,000 in contributions to be made in the names of others to a federal campaign between November 2009 and October 2010. She was also charged with making false statements to the F.B.I. Durand’s attorney stated plea talks between prosecutors and Durand collapsed after she refused to implicate Grimm, according to the NewYork Daily News.
View earlier Political MoneyLine posting, “FBI Arrest of Friend/Donor Puts Pressure on Congressman.”