- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
PAC Gives to Sen. Heitkamp for 2018 Primary
Posted at 2 p.m. on March 5, 2013
Newly elected Sen. Heidi Heitkamp is already accepting contributions for her 2018 re-election campaign. PACs also have to have accounting systems set up to record contributions given for several upcoming election cycles. The United Services Automobile Assn. Employees PAC reported it gave out $93,000 to federal candidates and committees during February. They gave $33,500 to leadership and association PACs for 2013. They gave $50,500 to candidates for a 2014 primary. They gave $2,500 for the 2014 general election. They gave $4,000 for the 2016 primary of Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) and Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA). They gave $2,500 for the 2018 primary of Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND).
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.