- Alaska Republican Super PAC Launches Another Ad
- Democratic Poll: Freshman Holds Minor Lead Over Carl DeMaio
- Ratings Change: Montana Senate
- Quirky Ex-Senator Stomps on Democrats' S.D. Hopes
- Montana Senate: A Real Race or Simply Manufactured Buzz?
Party Funds Jindal’s Jet Travel
Posted at 10:13 a.m. on June 18, 2013
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal was the keynote speaker at the Virginia Republican Party convention in May, but it came at a $20K cost.
The Republican Party of Virginia reported it paid $90,000 out of its federal committee account for expenses related to its state convention in May. It paid $50,043 for catering; $16,674 rent for the convention center; $20,315 to Stratos Jet Charters for “transportation cost for guest speaker,” and $811 for “room for guest speaker” at the Richmond Hilton Inn.
The Republican National Committee transferred $145,750 to the Republican Party of Virginia account on May 2.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.