- Internal Poll Shows Cresent Hardy Leading Potential Challengers
- Hassan Waits to Choose Her Adventure in New Hampshire
- Larry Kudlow Says He Would Challenge Blumenthal Over Iran Deal
- DSCC Talking to Potential Burr Challengers in North Carolina
- Drowning in Weak Polling, How Long Can Lindsey Graham Stay in 2016 Race?
Party Funds Jindal’s Jet Travel
Posted at 10:13 a.m. on June 18, 2013
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal was the keynote speaker at the Virginia Republican Party convention in May, but it came at a $20K cost.
The Republican Party of Virginia reported it paid $90,000 out of its federal committee account for expenses related to its state convention in May. It paid $50,043 for catering; $16,674 rent for the convention center; $20,315 to Stratos Jet Charters for “transportation cost for guest speaker,” and $811 for “room for guest speaker” at the Richmond Hilton Inn.
The Republican National Committee transferred $145,750 to the Republican Party of Virginia account on May 2.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.