- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
Political Contributions of Jeff & Mackenzie Bezos
Posted at 6:02 p.m. on Aug. 5, 2013
The new owner of the Washington Post has been a pragmatic contributor to federal candidates, giving mostly to those from his state or those who regulate his company.
Jeff Bezos has given $5,000 each year to his Amazon corporate PAC from 2000 to the present. In earlier years he has given to home-state members of Congress, including Sens. Patty Murray, D-Wash., and Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., and then-Sen. Slade Gorton, R-Wash. He has also given to Rep. John Conyers Jr., D-Mich., then-Sen. Spencer Abraham, R-Mich., and Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, all of whom served on the either the House or Senate Judiciary committees, which deal with various Internet-related issues.
His spouse, Mackenzie Bezos followed a similar pattern.
Use our Donor Search for “Bezos, Jeff” and also “Bezos, Mackenzie” to see the individual contributions.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.