- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
Rep. Calvert Taking Homestead Deduction for D.C. House
Posted at 10:20 a.m. on April 1, 2013
Rep. Kenneth Calvert (R-CA) has been listed in the D.C. property records as purchasing a Capitol Hill row house for $625,000 during February. The proposed 2014 taxable assessment is $454,676 (up from $413,342 in 2013). The assessment is after any tax assessment credit and after a $67,500 Homestead Credit. The tax records indicate it is “currently receiving the Homestead Deduction.” The Homestead Deduction is meant for only those who live in a principal residence in the city.
Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) has purchased a $818,750 house on Capitol Hill during February. The house has a 2014 proposed tax assessment of $915,060 (up from $800,000 in 2013).
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.