- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Republican Section 527 Group Raises $2 Million
Posted at 11:01 a.m. on June 24, 2013
A Republican Section 527 organization reported Friday night that it had raised more than $2 million in May, primarily from corporations and trade associations.
The Republican State Leadership Committee reported it raised $2,008,035 and spent $822,289 during May. The major contributors were: Devon Energy Corporation (Okla.) $400,000; WellPoint Inc. (Ohio) $150,000; Exxon Mobil Corporation (Texas) $150,000; Lorillard Tobacco Company (N.C.) $100,000; Southern Company Services Inc. (Ga.) $60,000; Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check LLP (Pa.) $50,000; ACLI Political Activity Fund (D.C.) $50,000; and United Services Automobile Association (Va.) $50,000; among others.