- Internal Poll Shows Cresent Hardy Leading Potential Challengers
- Hassan Waits to Choose Her Adventure in New Hampshire
- Larry Kudlow Says He Would Challenge Blumenthal Over Iran Deal
- DSCC Talking to Potential Burr Challengers in North Carolina
- Drowning in Weak Polling, How Long Can Lindsey Graham Stay in 2016 Race?
Shutdown and Debt Limit Worries Bring Down Stocks
Posted at 7:56 a.m. on Oct. 4, 2013
Stocks are taking a hit over the last five trading days while Congress struggles with the government shutdown and action on the debt limit. The Dow Industrial Average closed yesterday at 14,996 down 332 (2.16%) from its close last Thursday at 15,328.
In looking at specific companies we selected ten that are very active politically and whose PACs have given the most to federal candidates and committees so far in 2013. A review of these ten companies shows that 9 had drops in value and 1 gained.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.