- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
Stocks Weather 3 Days of Shutdown Worry, Some Gain
Posted at 5:13 p.m. on Oct. 1, 2013
Stocks, in general, appear to have weathered the concerns over the government shutdown without a huge drop in value over the last three trading days. The Dow Industrial Average closed today at 15,191 down just 137 (0.89%) from its close on Thursday of 15,328.
In looking at specific companies we selected ten that are very active politically and whose PACs have given the most to federal candidates and committees so far in 2013. A review of these ten companies shows that 6 had drops in value and 4 gained.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.