Stocks Weather 3 Days of Shutdown Worry, Some Gain
Posted at 5:13 p.m. on Oct. 1, 2013
Stocks, in general, appear to have weathered the concerns over the government shutdown without a huge drop in value over the last three trading days. The Dow Industrial Average closed today at 15,191 down just 137 (0.89%) from its close on Thursday of 15,328.
In looking at specific companies we selected ten that are very active politically and whose PACs have given the most to federal candidates and committees so far in 2013. A review of these ten companies shows that 6 had drops in value and 4 gained.
1. Honeywell Int’l. (HON) Thursday close 84.05, Tuesday close 83.22
2. Northrop Grumman (NOC) Thursday close 96.37, Tuesday close 96.14
3. AT&T (T) Thursday close 34.23, Tuesday close 36.04
4. Lockheed Martin (LMT) Thursday close 129.85, Tuesday close 127.50
5. Raytheon (RTN) Thursday close 79.80, Tuesday close 77.81
6. General Electric (GE) Thursday close 24.25, Tuesday close 24.17
7. Home Depot (HD) Thursday close 76.07, Tuesday close 76.26
8. Boeing (BA) Thursday 119.38, Tuesday close 117.75
9. CSX (CSX) Thursday close 25.98, Tuesday close 26.15
10. Pfizer (PFE) Thursday close 28.52, Tuesday close 28.89
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.