- Trump Will Host ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Paul Says It’s Impossible to Talk About Climate Change
- McConnell Wants Entitlement Changes to Raise Debt Limit
- Clinton Holds Wide Lead Over Democratic Field
- A Democratic Debate with Few Democrats
Posted at 10:12 a.m. on June 10, 2013
The American Crystal Sugar Company PAC sprinkled almost a quarter-million dollars over members of Congress during May, just as the farm bill was being passed by the House and Senate Agriculture committees and moving to the floor for final action. The Senate expects final passage to come tonight.
The PAC reported giving $247,500 to 67 members of Congress, most getting $5,000 each. This is the largest monthly amount they have given out since March 2010.
The PAC reported giving $165,000 during April; $152,500 in March; $177,500 in February; and $115,000 in January. The PAC reported giving out $2,352,000 in 2011-2012.
The American Crystal Sugar Company reported spending $1,004,117 on lobbying during the first quarter of 2013. The company spent $1,315,602 on lobbying in all of 2012.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.