- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Super PAC Donor Gives $750,000
Posted at 3:09 p.m. on April 19, 2013
Thomas F. Steyer, an asset manager and environmentalist, and has given $750,000 on March 19 to NextGen Committee, a super PAC. Steyer, of San Francisco, is co-director of Next Generation, a campaign consulting and issue advocacy firm. Steyer was the only contributor from Jan. 1 to April 10. The PAC reported giving $250,000 to the League of Conservation Voters and $30,000 to American Values Network for issue advocacy. The super PAC has spent $145,580 on independent expenditures against Stephen Lynch in the Democratic Senate primary race in Massachusetts. In all, the PAC has spent $537,780 and has $212,220 in cash on hand, with outstanding consulting bills of $98,169.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.