- McConnell Campaign Manager Quits Amid Scandal
- Obama Weighs Delay in Action on Immigration
- Judge Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law
- Neck-and-Neck in Arkansas
- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
Posts tagged "john b emerson"
June 15, 2013
The long-standing presidential tradition of rewarding fundraisers and contributors with ambassadorships has continued politics as usual under President Barack Obama. On Friday, the president reinforced it with three new appointments.
Obama nominated John B. Emerson as ambassador to Germany. Emerson is a Los Angeles investment manager at The Capital Group Companies and was the 2012 co-chairman of the DNC’s Southern California finance committee.
Fundraiser James Costos has been nominated is to be ambassador to Spain. Costos is the openly gay Home Box Office vice president for global licensing, retail and consumer marketing.