- Internal Poll Shows Cresent Hardy Leading Potential Challengers
- Hassan Waits to Choose Her Adventure in New Hampshire
- Larry Kudlow Says He Would Challenge Blumenthal Over Iran Deal
- DSCC Talking to Potential Burr Challengers in North Carolina
- Drowning in Weak Polling, How Long Can Lindsey Graham Stay in 2016 Race?
Watchdog Group Lists 2013 Most Corrupt Members of Congress
Posted at 11:56 a.m. on Sept. 20, 2013
A national watchdog group has added four members of Congress to its list of 2013’s Most Corrupt Members of Congress.
The Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) added Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., for her PAC presidential campaign finance activities; Rep. Scott DesJarlais, R-Tenn., for his inappropriate relationships with patients prior to being elected; Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., for his receipt of gifts; Rep. David Valadao, R-Calif., for his amendment to a bill that may benefit his family’s financial interests.
Other Members on the list repeating from last year, or earlier years, include Rep. Rob Andrews, D-N.J.; Rep. Tim Bishop, D-N.Y.; Rep. Paul Broun, R-Ga.; Rep. Vern Buchanan, R-Fla.; Rep. Michael Grimm, R-N.Y.; Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.; Rep. Gregory Meeks, D-N.Y.; Rep. Hal Rogers, R-Ky.; Rep. Don Young, R- Alaska.
View the CREW report.
To search detailed money-in-politics databases, visit Political MoneyLine.