- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
8 House Race Ratings Changes Boost GOP, Democrats
Posted at 1:39 p.m. on April 18
This week Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call made ratings changes in eight congressional districts and confirmed our rating in a ninth — Wisconsin’s 6th District — after GOP Rep. Tom Petri announced his retirement.
Here is a link to the Ratings map and a quick rundown of the moves we made, with links to the corresponding analysis.
Races that moved toward Republicans:
- California’s 26th District: Democrat Favored (from Safe Democrat)
- Illinois’ 10th District: Tossup/Tilts Democrat (from Leans Democrat)
- Massachusetts’ 6th District: Tossup/Tilts Democrat (from Leans Democrat)
- Minnesota’s 2nd District: Currently Safe Republican (from Republican Favored)
Races that moved toward Democrats:
- California’s 36th District: Democrat Favored (from Leans Democrat)
- Florida’s 18th District: Leans Democrat (from Tossup/Tilts Democrat)
- New York’s 18th District: Currently Safe for Democrats (from Democrat Favored)
- Texas’ 23rd District: Democrat Favored (from Leans Democrat)
- Wisconsin’s 6th District: Open seat remains Safe Republican for now