- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Rating Change: Montana Senate
Posted at 4:39 p.m. on Aug. 7
The Senate race in Montana continues to slip away from the Democrats. Burdened by plagiarism allegations, appointed Democratic Sen. John Walsh announced Thursday he will not seek election to a full term in November.
Democratic chances of holding the seat against at-large Republican Rep. Steve Daines might improve slightly with a new candidate who does not carry Walsh’s baggage. But whomever Democrats choose to replace Walsh on the ballot will start off so far behind in money and campaign infrastructure that it is extremely difficult to see Daines losing the race.