- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
Rating Change: Connecticut Governor
Posted at 3:15 p.m. on Aug. 8, 2014
Dannel P. Malloy is a Democratic governor of a Democratic state, but he is far from a sure thing for re-election in November.
Malloy won a close race in 2010 and will likely face former Ambassador to Ireland Tom Foley, a Republican, once again. The governor’s polling numbers have been consistently mediocre and this is looking increasingly like another close and competitive race.