- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
RATINGS CHANGE: Minnesota’s 6th District
Posted at noon on June 20, 2013
It’s rare that an open seat race decreases a party’s chances of taking over a seat, but that is the story of Minnesota’s 6th District.
Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann is so uniquely polarizing that she managed to make a district that Mitt Romney, John McCain, and George W. Bush won by at least a dozen points look like a congressional battleground.
Now that she has opted for retirement and Democrat Jim Graves, who ran in 2012 and would have been a credible candidate next year, has suspended his campaign, Democrats’ chances of winning have dropped dramatically.
New Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call rating: Currently Safe Republican.