- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Ratings Change: Nevada Governor
Posted at 11 a.m. on Nov. 1, 2013
Sometimes political handicapping can be difficult — a life of agonizing over whether a race leans to one party or the other or is a genuine tossup. But there is one way to identify a “safe” race.
You can’t beat somebody with nobody, and that’s exactly where Democrats are in Nevada in their race against Republican Gov. Brian Sandoval.
It probably didn’t help their recruitment cause when a Democratic pollster released a survey in September that showed the governor with a 68 percent job approval rating.
Democrats have until March 14 to find a credible candidate, but don’t hold your breath. We’re moving the race from Republican Favored to Safe Republican in the Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call ratings.