- McConnell Campaign Manager Quits Amid Scandal
- Obama Weighs Delay in Action on Immigration
- Judge Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law
- Neck-and-Neck in Arkansas
- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
Texas Governor: Perry Out, but …
Posted at 3:14 p.m. on July 8, 2013
Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s decision not to seek another term does not change the partisan outlook for the 2014 Texas gubernatorial race.
State Attorney General Greg Abbott becomes the clear favorite for the GOP nomination and for election as the Lone Star State’s next governor. Here is an interesting article about Abbott and how the fact that he was partially paralyzed at age 26 has affected his life and career.
The Texas contest remains Safe Republican in the Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call ratings.