- Despite Fattah Indictment, Don't Expect a Scramble for His Seat
- House Democrats Going Good Cop, Bad Cop Against GOP
- Tech Experts: Expect Innovation, Investment on Established Platforms for 2016
- The Software That Draws the Political Landscape
- More Democratic Losses Could Be on the Horizon
Rating Change: North Carolina Senate
Posted at 11:29 a.m. on May 7, 2014
State House Speaker Thom Tillis won the GOP nomination outright on Tuesday, setting up a general election match-up against Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan in one of the top Senate races in the country. Even though Hagan’s polling numbers have been mediocre at best, we gave her a slight edge in the race because of uncertainty in the Republican primary.
But now that Tillis is the nominee and has avoided a costly July runoff that could have pushed him farther to the right, Hagan does not have a significant advantage in the race.