- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Domain Name System Amendment Ready for House Action
Posted at 4:36 p.m. on May 21
The House will start debating its annual defense policy bill this evening and could vote as early as tonight on an amendment that would pull the brakes on the National Telecommunications and Information Administration’s (NTIA) plan to relinquish its connection to key Internet domain name system functions until the Government Accountability Office submits a report to Congress.
Sound familiar? That’s because the Energy and Commerce Committee approved the proposal as a stand-alone bill about two weeks ago. John Shimkus, R-Ill., sponsored both the bill and the amendment.
The House Rules Committee gave the green light last night for the amendment to be considered on the floor.
For more, check out our previous coverage.