- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Sen. Kirk Urges FAA to Help Airliners Defend Themselves Against Missiles
Posted at 3:28 p.m. on July 18, 2014
On his Five By Five blog, CQ Roll Call’s Tim Starks has the news on Sen. Mark S. Kirk, R- Ill., calling for the Federal Aviation Administration to help commercial airliners install defense systems against missile defense attacks of the type that shot down a Malaysia Airlines flight over eastern Ukraine on Thursday. Tim explains the background on past civilian aircraft defense efforts.