- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
Coburn Facing Another Cancer Fight
Posted at 12:07 p.m. on Nov. 5, 2013
Sen. Tom Coburn is being treated for a recurrence of prostate cancer, The Oklahoman reported Tuesday morning.
John Hart, the Oklahoma Republican’s longtime spokesman, told the newspaper that Coburn should be back in the Senate soon, “hopefully next week.” Hart confirmed the news to CQ Roll Call.
Coburn, who has long said he will not seek another term in the Senate, was treated in October 2011 for what was described by Hart in a statement at the time as “an early stage incidence of prostate cancer.”
The senator has a long record of bouts with cancer, dating to treatment for melanoma in 1975.