- Tim Scott Lauds Possible Lindsey Graham 2016 Campaign
- Top GOP Ad-Maker Recovering From Cardiac Arrest
- Why Even Democrats Love Talking About Joni Ernst
- Democrats Court Ex-Congressman for Rematch
- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
‘Gang of 8′ Discusses House Immigration Strategy
Posted at 9:25 p.m. on July 16, 2013
The bipartisan Senate immigration negotiating group met Tuesday evening with approximately 35 outside groups involved in the policy debate, sources confirmed.
The previously undisclosed meeting was with groups primarily at the center-right of the political spectrum, according to one source, and centered largely on discussion over how these outside groups could help influence House Republicans, especially over the imminent August recess.
The House has yet to determine how to move forward with its legislation, and a unique coalition of outside groups from the left and right helped push the Senate toward a comprehensive bipartisan framework.