- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
‘Gang of 8′ Discusses House Immigration Strategy
Posted at 9:25 p.m. on July 16, 2013
The bipartisan Senate immigration negotiating group met Tuesday evening with approximately 35 outside groups involved in the policy debate, sources confirmed.
The previously undisclosed meeting was with groups primarily at the center-right of the political spectrum, according to one source, and centered largely on discussion over how these outside groups could help influence House Republicans, especially over the imminent August recess.
The House has yet to determine how to move forward with its legislation, and a unique coalition of outside groups from the left and right helped push the Senate toward a comprehensive bipartisan framework.