- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
- Vulnerable GOP Senators Steer Clear of CPAC
- Congressional Republicans All Over CPAC Lineup
- House Democrats Get Better Odds in California Senate Race
John McCain Laughs at Ted Cruz
Posted at 6:10 p.m. on April 28, 2014
Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., has sparred recently with his longtime colleague John Kerry, but dismissed Sen. Ted Cruz’s suggestion Monday that the secretary of state should resign over his reportedly saying Israel was headed toward being an “apartheid” state.
“Resign?” McCain said, chuckling. “Woo. That’s a pretty high bar.”
McCain said his response to Cruz could be described as “Sen. McCain laughed heartily.”
McCain did say an apology might be in order, however.
“If he made that mistake, he should clarify it immediately,” McCain said of Kerry’s reported comments.