- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Senate Chaplain Asks God to ‘Save Us From the Madness’ of Shutdown
Posted at 11:48 a.m. on Oct. 3, 2013
After congressional leaders and the president failed to reach an agreement on the government shutdown last night, Senate Chaplain Barry C. Black used his opening prayer Thursday to hammer members of Congress.
After asking God to “save us from the madness,” Black said in his deep, authoritative voice, “Deliver us from the hypocrisy of attempting to sound reasonable while being unreasonable.”
Black has served as the Senate chaplain for more than 10 years and echoed criticisms of Congress’ inability to strike a deal to end the first government shutdown in 17 years.