- McConnell Campaign Manager Quits Amid Scandal
- Obama Weighs Delay in Action on Immigration
- Judge Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law
- Neck-and-Neck in Arkansas
- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
Posts by Christina Bellantoni
June 25, 2014
Updated 2:49 p.m. | What does the White House think about Speaker John A. Boehner’s plans to sue President Barack Obama? Not much.
“They are considering a taxpayer-funded lawsuit against the president of the United States for doing his job,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said of the possible Boehner lawsuit.
Earnest, who has just a few days on the job, suggested the American people wouldn’t support the speaker’s effort. Earnest said Obama is using his constitutional authority to do what he can to help the economy and the middle class.