- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
White House Not Reacting Yet to Boehner Lawsuit Plan
Posted at 5:55 p.m. on June 24
The White House told CQ Roll Call there is no immediate reaction to Daniel Newhauser’s scoop that Speaker John A. Boehner is planning a lawsuit against the Obama administration for failing to enforce the law.
We’ll update if that changes.
Obama’s strategy of acting on his own via his pen and phone has infuriated Republicans and has brought criticism from some legal scholars.
Boehner has repeatedly blamed Obama’s executive actions on health care and other issues for making his conference lose faith in the president’s willingness to enforce a new immigration law.
Republicans have been eyeing a lawsuit for months.